Monday, January 9, 2012

Here's to 2012!

The last two years have been the best two of my life!!  I am thankful how God has guided me through it all.  I pray 2012 will be a great one, however I don’t think anything can top the ups and downs of the last two years.  I am so blessed.  As writing this I can't help but mention that most of these things have a ton to do with my parents.  They were there for me through everything. The last two years at home were the best and I am so glad I had those before I moved out.  
2010:
Went through the most amazing life experience and received a perfect heart 
A really good friend passed away
Started the journey of regaining muscle at cardiac rehab (91 pounds)
Blood clots are all gone.  No more daily shots.
Went to KC to visit a cousin and unknowingly met my future husband
Graduated rehab and reached my goal of “3 digits”! (100 pounds)
Dealing with emotional side effect of hair loss
Started dating a boy :)
Enjoyed the holidays with a new and healthy heart, but completely aching for my donor family. 

2011: 
Spokesperson for the 2011 Go Red for Women Luncheon
Hair finally started growing back 
Went back to work after a 15 month hiatus
Threw a party to celebrate my 1 year heart birthday!
Went to the ocean with mom, dad, and Nathan to celebrate life
Grandpa passed away after a long and wonderful journey
Engaged to the love of my life!
Grandaddy passed away after a beautiful and amazing life 
Moved to Nashville, TN
Married my very best friend on a beautiful October day
Enjoyed Thanksgiving and Christmas as a newlywed and even able to see both families for both holidays

Here's to 2012!!! (I pray):
A job I love and provides great health insurance
More work for Nathan
Send a letter to my donor family
Find a core group of friends like I had in St. Louis
Move into “our” first place
Be more dedicated to working out
Have all of my hair back to normal!
Hear back from my donor family




No comments:

Post a Comment