Wednesday, January 4, 2012

come what may..


Through this I demonstrate that Christ IS enough.  Come what may.


This has been my favorite quote for a while now; it’s also the title of my blog, yet I haven’t explained what it really means to me.  Well, let me explain…

I came across this quote somewhere, on some site, and some time ago.  As soon as I read it I fell in love.  I read it a few times and each time it meant more to me.  “Through this (whatever the situation may be) I demonstrate that Christ is enough.”  HE is enough to handle anything!  So, if He is then “Come what may”.  Whatever comes, He can handle.  He is worth more than any situation.

I found this quote sometime around October 2009.  I posted it on my Facebook, on my Twitter and I told a few friends about it.  I wanted to live my life by this quote.  I wanted to really rely on Christ through any and every situation life brought my way.  Then, the end of November 2009 came and I was diagnosed with severe Congestive Heart Failure. 

I had to choose the attitude I was going to take towards this situation.  I had to come to the realization that Christ is worth more than life itself.  This simple phrase stuck with me through my entire ordeal.  It helped me understand that Christ really is worth more than life, instead of focusing on why I am going through it. 
Through this…Through my life…Through everything… I demonstrate that Christ IS enough.  Thank you, Father, for giving me this quote when I needed it the most.  Help me to live by it every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment