Friday, September 10, 2010

Just the way you are...

‘Just the Way You Are’ by Bruno Mars is one of my new favorite songs out right now. Some of the lyrics…“When I see your face there’s not a thing that I would change”. “If perfect is what you are searching for then just stay the same”. “And when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while”. When it first played on the radio, I along with probably most girls thought, ‘I want a guy to think that about me’. I feel at times I get my satisfaction out of what other people think of me and how others feel about me when really their thoughts are not what matters. I need to be thinking, ‘What does God think of me?’ God loves us just the way we are! If we think God’s love for us increases when we have a stronger faith, we are wrong. If we think his love for us decreases when we sin, once again we are wrong. We cannot confuse God’s love with the love of people. The love of others a lot of the time is based on status. If we do something great, people’s love for us increases. If we make a mistake their love decreases. I love the fact that God’s love does not do this. He loves us just the way we are!

Now don’t get satisfied with where you are spiritually and don’t be confused. Just because He loves us the way we are doesn’t mean He doesn’t want us to strive to be better and more like Him each day. Philippians 2:5 says, “In your lives you must think and act like Christ Jesus.” He loves us, but I believe His desire for us is summed up in that verse…think and act like Jesus. Here is a great quote from Max Lucado, “God loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus”.

I don’t know about you, but when God looks at me I want him to smile. To me there is much more satisfaction in His smile than that of a guy.

4 comments:

  1. 1 Samuel 16 7 "But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear today! You're the best Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great song. You hit the nail on the head with that, cause in the end of it all, it wont matter what other people think. Cause what people think is important, is like trying to walk on water...people cant do it, but God can and that is important.

    Check this site out - http://www.householdfaith.com/Think.aspx

    and hey, I am sure someone has thought that about you. Honestly, how could anyone not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an awesome point! thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete