Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A fight of faith...

My amazing sister, Mandi, was by my side throughout my entire ordeal. She painted my nails, bought me VS undies, combed my hair, took naps with me, lent me her smaller clothes, bought me magazines to stay ‘with it’, etc. She always made me feel better. She would know when I really needed a hug, when I needed to talk, or even when I just needed to sit in silence. I love her so. She is the best sister one could ask for, but an even better friend. Since I was homebound during these months, I obviously had a lot of time on my hands so Mandi and her husband set up a Pandora account for me. Then she introduced me to a CD by Kristene Mueller. I will cherish Mandi’s kindness and love forever, however her introducing me to this particular CD will continue to bless me forever. I logged into Pandora maybe 4 times, but have listened to this CD 67879023 times (maybe an exaggeration there, but you get the point) and I continue to enjoy it each and every time.

As I have mentioned before, I prayed myself to sleep most nights, but I remember one night I could not fall asleep for the life of me. I grabbed my computer that was already on my bed, opened up iTunes and hit ‘play’. I started listening to the song 'Homeward Bound'. While lying in bed trying to sing it I quickly found myself out of breath. This was not an abnormal thing to be short of breath during conversation or singing. I remember trying to sing the word “Hallelujah”, and I couldn't even finish it. However, God new my heart and He saw my tears. I made the song my prayer. “Father, I will run this race. I will fight this fight of faith. You are my great reward, and so worth fighting for. Hallelujah.”

I cried myself to sleep that night. I knew this wasn’t an obstacle anymore, but this was an opportunity. This was a fight of faith, and He is SO worth fighting for. Hallelujah!

I will run, I will run this race,
And I will do it all for love.
Your love compels me forward,
Your love controls my heart,
And I just can't, I cannot get away.

So I will fight this good fight of faith,
And I will do it all for love.
You are my great reward,
You're so worth fighting for
And I can't wait to see Your face.

So I will run, I will run this race,
And I will do it all for love.
Your love compels me forward,
Your love controls my heart,
And I just can't, I cannot get away.

So I will fight this good fight of faith,
And I will do it all for love.
You are my great reward,
You're so worth fighting for
And I can't wait to see Your face,
And I can't wait to see Your face.

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Homeward Bound by Kristene Mueller

Listen to it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7_sL7XTvI

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing.....I'm going to purchase it now! Beautiful song and you have such a beautiful spirit. Even though I have never met you, you have inspired me! I sure hope thru my fight and struggle with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy that I have done the same! Fight the good fight. Jesus is so worth everything we go thru!

    ReplyDelete