Saturday, August 14, 2010

As I do, I am reminded of when I could not...

I just spent the entire day working with daddy… As we cleared out the basement bedroom of all the junk, furniture, clothes and knick knacks it made me think of the time I was not allowed to lift more than 5lbs or as the doctors put it, a gallon of milk. Or of the times I did not want to kneel down or sit on the floor because I knew I wouldn’t be able to get up by myself. Oh how strong I feel! As we then primed and painted the entire room, closet and the closet shelves it made me think of how I couldn’t stand or sit for more than a couple minutes without being tired. Or of the times I couldn’t lift my arms above my head due to surgery pains. Oh how thankful I am! As I sang along to music and danced when daddy wasn’t looking it made me think of the times singing would make me out of breath and dancing was completely out of the question. Oh how I love being me again! As I then took a long shower to clean not only my body and hair, but scrub off paint as well, it made me think of how I use to take a shower and be completely exhausted afterwards. When the times became harder I would take a bath so I didn’t have to stand, yet I would still be tired when I was done. Even further down the road mom would wash my hair in the sink and I would then rest afterwards before I could begin to comb or dry my hair. Oh how I love my long hot showers! As I then ate dinner at the kitchen bar it made me think of the times I could not hold any food down or was too weak to be anywhere but on the couch. Oh how I love the taste of food! As I then went back downstairs to help pick up the left over mess and vacuum the room I could not believe that I was still going. Oh how grateful I am! As I then sat down in my favorite recliner chair to do my nails and browse the net, it made me think of the times when I was too weak to even think about getting on Facebook or Twitter. Oh how awesome for a prayer chain like Facebook! As I sit reclined writing in my blog I am doing nothing but thanking my Heavenly Father for my second chance at life. I am so blessed. I am so very thankful. Life is beautiful. The little things like painting, showers and singing are so precious. Let me never forget what You have done for me, Father. I am forever grateful.

“You have turned my mourning into DANCING; You have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with GLADNESS, that my glory may SING your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God I will GIVE THANKS to You forever!”
–Psalms 30:11-12

5 comments:

  1. Samantha Stine FoltzAugust 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM

    I love reading your blog Meg! It is so amazing to think that you literally have been given a new heart and how that is such a great reminder of the new life we are given through Jesus, too. Sometimes I just think back about the miracles I've witnessed through you and Angie and am just so overwhelmed with joy that it brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. Keep telling your story Jesus is definitely using it to change and encourage others.Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it any better than Samantha did! Thanks for sharing with all of us. Your rejoicing is our rejoicing! It seems like almost once a day I get to tell someone of your miracle!! I'm just soo happy for you! Love you!!! Mama Stine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your story for awhile now. WOW you are a couragious woman. I am a friend of Kim Binkley's- we met through the Cincinnati Heart Magazine, She and I have a similar heart issue. Mine is purely electrical and started 10 years ago, never needed a transplant, yet. But I am a mother for two children and a wonderful husband, so I had such a desire to live as I was very much knocking on deaths door. God pulled me through. Reading the blog above, I knew exactly how you were feeling, being so tired out. I am able to keep up with my kids, Praise God. I pray the Lord continues to bless you and your family. Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, you are an amazing woman. You are an inspiration to me and I love reading your blog. I heard your presentation that you did at the Waynesville church. Richard Bushey sent it to me. What a story you have. Our God is a BIG God!

    Trina Meyering
    Waco, TX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Megan, for continuing to share your story with all of us. Thank you for giving God the glory through it all. How often we forget what a mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete