Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am ready...

This is a prayer I prayed/wrote in March. I am so ready at this point for the next step. The next step being, "The call" we have been waiting and praying so earnestly for. I remember telling my parents that I feel I am climbing a big mountain and it is taking forever to get to the top. "The call" that there is a heart available will get me to reach the top of the mountain! It will give me new life. Then I can slide down the recovery side, and soon get back to my 20 something adventures in life.

March 2010

God, I know You have a plan for me. You said it will prosper me and not harm me, it will give me a hope and a future. Father, I am ready. I am willing. I am listening. Please soften me so You can mold me into the woman You want me to be. I want to be a living example for You. I know You heard me singing last night until I fell asleep. Make those words true. “Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary. Pure and holy, tried and true. With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living sanctuary for You”.

I know You have something big in store for me. I can feel it. Lord, I pray I am ready to handle whatever it is. Comfort me Father. Give me the needed strength and courage to make it through, in a positive manner, whatever it is You have planned. Father, be with my family. Not only do I need strength, but they do as well. Please comfort them. You have held me, and I know You will hold my family. Bless them, for they have blessed me in unbelievable ways the past few months.

I am excited and honored You have chosen to use me. Come what may. I love you with my very whole, yet weakening heart. In your precious name, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful prayer. I have prayed that same prayer myself with my 9 years of having heart failure and cardiomyopathy. Often times for me, the hardest parts of my journey has been the worry I see on my family members faces. God will use you for something big Megan. I know he has used me in ways I could have never imagined. I have met people I never would have met. I've given my testimony to so many and have shared what God has done. It's such an awesome opportunity and privilege. I wouldn't trade what I've been thru for the world! sounds crazy but it's so true. God's plans were not my plans for my life. It's not what I would have chosen for myself but now I can see so much I would have missed out on had I not had heart failure/cardiomyopathy. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogs are so awesome! It's so nice to see someone just give it to God. At the begining of this post you were talking about this being a mountian to climb. Well, I was given a song to listen to when I got sick and although I can't stand the singer, the lyrics were powerful and contained so much truth! The song is The Climb by Miley Cyrus. I don't know if you have heard it yet, but I still cry listening to it. And I agree with Kimberly, the doors that have been open and the things that God is allowing you to do through Him, are more than anyone could ever ask for! I concider it my drug, in a good way. :) Praying.

    ReplyDelete